Traffic Traffic Traffic

Written on 7:11 PM by Mark Osborne

As I'm working on my idea, I'm also working to publicize it...(hence this blog).


Everyone I know is now VERY aware that I'm working on an iPhone app (I went out the other night and people I haven't seen in months asked me about it) so I guess Facebook works.




I've also been submitting this blog address to search engines and directories, tyring to get listed and ranked...there are a MILLION different websites claiming to do "Search Engine Optimization" that's SEO to the uninitiated...it's ridiculous, everyone wants $19.99 to get my site "listed in the top of search engine results" and "drive traffic" etc etc etc.




It's all so much hyperbole I can't help but laugh, at the same time there are some basics that I thought I would pass along to everyone.



Submit your website to the major search engines

I went with Google, Yahoo, and MSN - other than that I think you're talking about drips in the ocean.
Submit your BLOG to specific BLOG directories that reference your categories (listing here).


Use Title, Description and MetaTags so when the search engines send thier robots to crawl over your site they get a good picture of what your site is so they can.


Get people to link to you (anyone wanna link to me? Please do)


There's a few others, but that's the basics that everyone should do, and I think that pretty much makes your site "findable"


Additionally I'm getting a little sneaky and posting some Craigslist ads under Computer gigs - "get your own gig making iPhone apps, follow my story etc."


So...tell your friends

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment