But you're NOT a Computer Programmer!

Written on 9:37 PM by Mark Osborne



I mentioned to my wife that I had decided to write an iPhone app..."whatever," she shrugged.





She is the most wonderful and supportive wife EVER, and I can understand her apprehension, I sell radio ads. As Billy Crystal said in City Slickers, "I sell air."

So why do I think I can write the next Million Dollar Application for the iPhone?




WHY NOT?


I ran across this Wired article the other day and just had to give it a shot (that's a joke you'll get after reviewing the article)...following are some excerpts that I found especially compelling:

"One independent developer raked in $600,000 in a single month with a single iPhone game.
Ethan Nicholas, developer of a tank artillery game called iShoot, told Wired.com he quit his job the day his app rose to No. 1 in the App Store, earning him $37,000 in a single day. Nicholas’success story proves that there’s still plenty of potential to strike it rich in Apple’s seven-month-old App Store.
He didn’t have the money to buy books to learn how to write an iPhone app, so he taught himself by reading websites."

Ethan Nichols


So onward and upward! I'm continuing to reseach some great resources on writing iPhone Apps, and I'll be sure to share it all with you in the coming days.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment