This child got busy!

Written on 9:49 PM by Mark Osborne


Last night was The Crystal Method show in Atlanta. It was AWESOME! I highly recommend checking it out when they come through your town. The new album came out Tuesday and it's great, my favorite track right now is "Double Down Under."




We were lucky enough to spend some time with the band after the show. We talked about lots of things, among them, iPhone apps...Several people in the conversation admitted their iPhones are jammed full of apps they only played once.


It occurred to me that $.99 isn't really that much of a risk, in fact there's a whole army of panhandlers around America that making at times a very decent living based on this premise.


If you give people a decent REASON to give you $.99 - a lot of people will just give it to you. The trick is to INVITE enough people to listen to your reason.


The App store keeps $.30 out of every app sold, so to make a Million Dollar iPhone App I'll need to sell 1.3 Million at $.99...so how many people do I need to invite to get 1.3 Million to buy? Apple is promoting pretty heavily that they reached a BILLION downloads, but I can't find any current reporting on how many downloads of individual apps that relates to...if you know where I can find this PLEASE leave me a comment!





My "Dummies" book arrived yesterday and I have some work travel tomorrow, so I look forward to reading it on the plane and in my hotel room!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment